3780 Dogwood Lane Appling, GA 30802
(706) 541-0586 Fax (706) 541-3983
Wildwood Park is located on Thurmond Lake (also known as Clarks Hill Lake). This 975 acre park offers access to the 72,000-acre lake which is excellent for fishing and boating activities. Wildwood Park was voted Best Campground in Columbia County and Metro Augusta by readers of the Columbia County Magazine in 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012. Wildwood Park hosts multiple fishing tournaments each year. Not only local and regional tournaments flock to Wildwood, but tournaments such as ESPN Bassmasters, American Bass Anglers, FLW, BFL, and Georgia Bass Federation have all held tournaments at the park. Wildwood Park is the most unique park on Clarks Hill Lake and is run by the Columbia County Recreation Department.
Directions to Wildwood Park:
Located on Clarks Hill Lake. From I-20 exit 183 onto GA 47/US 221. Go approximately 3 miles into Appling, Hwy 221 will bear to right, follow to intersection at Pollard's Corner, Approximately 5 miles. Turn left onto Washington Rd. (SR 47), go approximately 1.5 miles. Park entrance will be on right at Dogwood Lane. Wildwood Park is open year round for camping and family outings.
- 61 Campsites (50 amp & 30 amp electrical w/ water hook-ups)
- 6 lane-mega boat ramps
- Large parking lot with 231 spaces
- Clark Hill - Tommy Shaw Memorial Weigh - In Station
- Home of the International Disc Golf Center & Hall of Fame
- 3 Championship Disc Golf Courses
- Beach Area
- Picnic Area
- 7 Covered Pavilions
- Clean Restroom & Shower Facilities in each camping area