Columbia County Emergency Notification System
Mobile Phone Registration Information
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office, Emergency Management Agency, Engineering Division, Water Utility and GIS Department have come together to provide a proactive, cost efficient and effective public notification system.
Certain situations warrant notification of people based solely on their physical location. Some examples of these situations would be missing persons, suspects’ at large, hazardous material releases or spills, dam failure, civil emergencies, water service interruptions, severe weather situations, emergency road closures and other important information. The CodeRED Emergency Notification System provides us with immediate, map-driven communication that seamlessly combines all phone and GIS data to rapidly deliver incident-related information or instruction to target audiences. This system also has full TTY/TTD capabilities, ensuring messages are delivered to the hearing impaired.
Currently, the Emergency Notification System already includes both public and unlisted landline telephone data; HOWEVER citizens must register mobile phones, SMS Texting, VoIP phones (voice over IP or internet phones) or email addresses in order to receive these notifications based on validated county addresses. Please follow the instructions listed below to register these devices.
NOTE: IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN DANGER, YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR OR RELY EXCLUSIVELY ON AN EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION FOR DIRECTIVES, BUT IMMEDIATELY TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS. IF YOU ARE DIRECTED BY EMERGENCY PERSONNEL, YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR DIRECTIONS IMMEDIATELY.
Instructions to Register for Alert Notifications
· Browse to web address https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/95F6A6DAFC0D
· Fill in the fields for your contact information. NOTE: Only those who have not previously registered with Columbia County need to complete the registration link. Also, you only need to register Mobile phones, SMS texting, VoIP phones and email addresses. All land lines (published and unlisted) are already included in our notification system)
· Severe weather alerts are selected by default. Just deselect any notifications you do not want to receive
· Once you check the box stating that you agree with the terms and conditions, click ‘Verify Information’ to continue your registration. You can create a ‘Managed Account’ with a password or you can just submit your information
· If you added an email address, you will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com. NOTE: (an email address is not mandatory to register with this system unless you choose to have a ‘Managed Account’)
· Notifications received on your phone will display the following numbers on your caller ID. Please add these numbers to your mobile phones so that you will know that CodeRED is notifying you:
General notifications affecting your residence: 855-969-4636
Emergency notifications affecting your residence: 866-419-5000
· If you have any questions or need assistance, please call (706) 868-3303 during normal business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CODE-RED MOBILE ALERT APP Make sure you download the FREE CodeRED Mobile Alert App also. This will work nationwide to give you weather warning alerts when you are out of town also.
CODE-RED MOBILE ALERT APP
Make sure you download the FREE CodeRED Mobile Alert App also. This will work nationwide to give you weather warning alerts when you are out of town also.