Martinez, GA 30907
Located just behind the Zaxby's,
across from the West Lake subdivision and
next to the Forest Creek subdivision,
off of Fury's Ferry Road in Martinez.
Our mission, as part of the Columbia County Recreation Department, is to offer quality customer service to the citizens of Columbia County by striving to enrich their lives by providing opportunities through programs and activities during their leisure time.
Printable Park Guide here
Printable Park Trail Map here
- Interpretive Center Summer Hours (June - July): Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Interpretive Center Fall/Winter/Spring Hours (August - May): Wednesday - Friday 9am - 6pm; Saturday 10am - 6pm; Sunday 2pm - 6pm
Programs for Schools and other Organizations:
- Outreach - Staff from Reed Creek Nature Park will travel to your school or group meeting to conduct an interactive live animal program. Programs are tailored to any age group, including adults. Groups can be in a classroom setting or multiple classes together in a larger auditorium. Programs can be up to one hour long.
This programming is free of charge.
- Field Trips
- We love to have groups visit us at the park!
- Pre-K through 1st grade: 30 minute live animal presentation and a 30 minute boardwalk scavenger hunt.
- 2nd through 5th grade: 30 minute live animal presentation and 30 minute owl pellet dissection.
- Middle and High school classes: Choose between 1hr live animal presentation, 1hr water quality and macroinvertebrates (this is an outdoor class taught in the creek, wetland or pond), or 1hr Skull, Scat and Tracks (includes light hike).
- There is a $2/child fee for all field trips.
Maximum group size is 30.
For More Information or to schedule call 706-210-4027 or email us
NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CLASSES AND PROGRAMS!
https://secure.rec1.com/GA/columbia-county-ga/catalog (FOR ALL REGISTRATION/TICKETS)
Reed Creek Park will no longer take class registrations over the phone or by email. Please use the link above to register for all class, events and programs. Please note that registration is required for each program listed below, walk-ins are not are not allowed.
PDF version of the current program guide is available here
Classes at Reed Creek Park (to register follow the link above)
Tiny Tot Story Time (ages 2-4) FREE - A special story and craft time for children ages 2 – 4. There is a different theme for each month and two stories per month. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Click the link above to see class dates and register.
- Saturday Classes (ages vary by class) FREE - Public classes with varying topics designed to educate and inspire participants to explore the world around them. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Click the link above to see class dates and register.
- Nature Explorers (ages vary by class) $12 for 6 week session - An outdoor-based educational program designed to engage all of the senses while learning by observation. Children will be outside come rain or shine. This program is intended for home-schooled children ages 5-7 and after-school children ages 5-11. If you are a homeschooler ages 8-11, please see our "Science & Nature Club" program. Each session is 6 weeks long and we have several meeting times available. Children can be dropped off or parents are welcome to stay. Click the link above to see class dates and register.
- Science and Nature Club (ages 8-11) $12 for 6 week session - An academic science program for home-schooled children ages 8-11. Classes will be held indoors and outdoors depending on the topic. Each session will learn the same 6 topics. New topics will be taught each spring and fall semester. Each session is 6 weeks long and we have several meeting times available. Children can be dropped off or parents are welcome to stay. Click the link above to see class dates and register.
Spring 2018 Topics - Week 1: What is Energy; Week 2: Photosynthesis; Week 3: Energy Cycle in an Ecosystem; Week 4: It’s Not Easy Being Green: Global Climate Change & Energy Conservation; Week 5: It’s a Small World: Cells!; Week 6: Single-celled and Multi-cellular Organisms
Special Events and Volunteer Opportunities (to register follow the link above)
9th Annual Chocolate Festival (all ages) LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE. $5 per person (ages 3 & under free) - Enjoy a luminary lit evening walk on our boardwalk as you sample chocolate treats. Come inside the interpretive center for more chocolate tasting and learn the history of chocolate. Saturday, February 24th 7pm – 9pm
RIP: Remove Invasive Plants – Chinese Privet Removal (volunteers ages 16+) - Volunteers aged 16+ are needed to help rid our park of the non-native, invasive privet plants. We will be cutting the plant out and applying small amounts of herbicide to the cut area of the plant. This is a big job and many volunteers are needed. Volunteers should wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, closed-toe shoes and thick gloves. Saturday, March 10th 7am-11am
Earth Day Park Clean-up (volunteers all ages) - Join us for a special park clean-up in honor of Earth Day. All ages are welcome with parental supervision. We need all hands on-deck to help clean-up our park. Volunteers should wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, closed-toe shoes. If you have trash pickers or pool skimmers please bring those as well. Saturday, April 21st 8am – 10am
Birthday Parties at Reed Creek Park - We have two options for you to choose from when planning a great birthday party:
- You Host We Entertain (includes a 30 minute animal presentation) - With this option you customize and decorate for the party any way you wish and we will provide a 30 minute animal presentation. The total party time is 1 ½ hours. Cost is $200 for up to 10 children ($7 for each additional child with a maximum of 25).
- Facility Rental - With this option you rent our facility and host your own party. $30/hour
more information call 706.210.4027 or email us