All agreements are between the Renter and Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues Department. Any failure by a vendor to complete all required duties, is the responsibility of the renter. We strongly suggest that you, the renter, make yourself very familiar with all rules and regulations contained on this website. If you wish to obtain a complete packet of information please contact the Sales Office at Savannah apids Pavilion at: 706.868.3349
- All patrons of the historic area must respect and maintain its integrity. Any destruction or misuse of the area will be prosecuted.
- Historic Area hours are from sunrise until 1am. No person will remain in the Historic area during non-operating hours.
- An employee will be assigned from the beginning to the end of usage time at the client’s expense. (See staffing information)
- No one under the age of 21 may consume alcoholic beverages.
- The client that signs the contract must be in attendance for the duration of the event.
- Pre-scheduling, payment of maintenance and staffing fees are required for any use of the Historic buildings.
- Cooperation with other events and pedestrians is necessary to co-exist in the historic area.
- Caterers/DJs or any vendors must discuss delivery/pick up with on-site staff to maintain the integrity of the surrounding grounds.
- Any vendor refusing to follow all rules and regulations will be disallowed for future events in the historic area.
- Any public display of vulgarity, nudity or inappropriate lyrics will not be allowed in the Historic area. This is a public area and children are likely to be near.
- All amplified music must end by 11pm.
- No date or building will be guaranteed until a signed contract and a 50% deposit is received. All rentals are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Final payments are due 60 days before the event.
- If the event is booked less than 60 days before the event, full payment of all fees must be paid at that time.
- A damage deposit is required to be paid by the renter. Approx 10-14 working days following the usage, if all areas were maintained properly, the damage deposit will be returned by mail.
- Full payment must be received before any event will take place in the Historic Area.
- The client must check in with Manager on Duty, located inside the Lockkeepers Cottage, and then proceed to the specified area.
- During the event the Manager on Duty will periodically check on client to make sure function is running smoothly. Any questions or problems can be addressed then.
- One hour before the end of the scheduled event, the Manager on Duty will come and remind the client that it is time to begin clean up.
- All clean up is done during the last hour of rental.
- All trash must be removed from the site to the dumpster.
- Any food prep areas must be swept and wiped down. Sinks must be rinsed out.
- Any decorations must be taken down.
- No food is allowed to remain on the ground or floor of any facility.
- If a deputy has been assigned to the event, he/she must remain until all attendees have gone.
- The Manager on Duty will complete a check out sheet with client. Damage deposits will not be returned unless this sheet is completed.
- All items used for an event must be removed during the last hour of rental.
- Cancellation must be made in writing to be accepted and processed.
- A $25.00 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours of the initial contract, a refund will be processed in any case.
In the case of only an outdoor rental: (Historic Buildings only)
Weather conditions must be monitored closely for outdoor events. If weather conditions are expected to prevent an event, these choices may be given.
If the event is more than 5 days away, the client will be given an option:
- “Rain Check” Selection of a new date must be done upon cancellation.
- If space is available inside the Savannah Rapids Pavilion, that will be offered.
- If no inside space is available, and a new date is not possible, client will lose 50% of the maintenance fee.
If the event is less than 5 days away and client cancels, 100% of maintenance fee is lost.
Staff fees and damage deposits will be refunded.
In case of a combination rental: (Historic buildings and Savannah Rapids Pavilion)
The cancellation policy will be as follows:
- More than 120 days away – full refund of any payment received.
- Between 120 and 60 days away – ½ of rental and maintenance fees are lost.
- Less than 60 days away – total loss of rental and maintenance fees.
- The Historic Canal Area is a rustic, natural area with many types of surfaces and terrains. Special care should be taken whenever possible while utilizing this area.
- All walkways and steps are clearly marked and should be used at all times.
- Handrails are provided to assist with traversing steps.
- Columbia County will not be held liable for any injury that occurs. The County will take normal care in providing a safe area to use, however due to the slopes and different types of terrain on the site, special care should be taken with small children or disabled patrons. Special care should also be taken during nighttime hours when shadows can cause misperceptions in slope or surface.
- If alcoholic beverages are served, a Columbia County Deputy must be assigned to that area from the beginning of the event through the breakdown/cleanup time.
- All alcoholic beverages must be kept in the Historic Area. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the children’s playground area.
- Renter must provide the alcohol. Guests are prohibited from bringing their own.
- If selling alcohol, charging admission or purchasing the alcohol from a non-licensed alcohol caterer, the renter must apply for a Special Events Alcohol Permit and a State Alcohol License. SRP staff can assist with processing these forms.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in any of the outdoor areas.
- Alcoholic beverages must be kept under a roof. For example: Inside the Dining Hall or under the roof of the dance pavilion. It cannot be accessible to the public.
Things you need to know:
- Back to back rentals are possible. Adhering to prearranged start and stop times is vital.
- You may not be the only patron using the area. Please be courteous to other patrons.
- A courtesy phone is available in case of emergency at the entrance to the restrooms on the lower level of the Dance Pavilion.
- The restrooms are handicapped accessible however all areas are not.
- Unloading and loading will be difficult due to the terrain.
- Unloading and loading may be done on unpaved areas only at the discretion of the Manager on duty.
- No ice is offered in any of the Historic Area buildings.
- Electricity is available in both the Dance Pavilion and the Dining Hall.
- Any damage done by a client or their guests will be the direct responsibility of the client. If the cost of repair exceeds the amount of damage deposit paid, the client will be charged.
- Any item lost or stolen is not the responsibility of SRP or its staff.
- Excessive noise is not allowed. Disrespect of the area and its patrons will cause your event to be stopped immediately. No refund will be given.
Decorating Do’s and Don’ts:
- No mylar confetti or glitter is allowed in the historic area.
- No nailing or stapling is allowed on any of the historic buildings.
- Candles must be enclosed in glass to be lit. Flames must burn below the rim of the enclosure.
- Masking tape is allowed but must be removed carefully.
- Ceiling fans will not be turned on if balloons are used.
- All decorations will be removed during the last hour on site.
- Pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited.
Special Event Stipulations:
- Events planning on more than 300 people will have two managers on duty.
- Events with more than 500 will require additional garbage receptacles on site at client’s expense.
- Events with more than 500 will require additional restroom facilities on site at client’s expense.
- Any signage posted must be removed at the end of the event.
- Event planners must coordinate with emergency services. (Sheriff’s department, EMS and Fire Department)
- Additional liability insurance may be required. (See SRP Staff for info)