How may we be of service to you?
The responsibilities of Customer Service is to establish and maintain accounts and to provide courteous and helpful service to the residents of Columbia County. Customer service encompasses many other duties for the Business Office including:
- Accepting water and sewerage payments
- Generating work orders for the Meter, Distribution, and Conveyance Departments
- Completing New Service and Disconnect Requests
- Selling water and sewer taps
- Renting fire hydrant meters
- Billing transported septage wastewater accounts
To start a new water service, please call our Customer Service Department at (706) 863-6928.
New Service requests are taken between the hours of 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please call at least one business day before the water is needed at the address to avoid an extra same-day service charge.
When calling please remember to have:
- The correct service address
- The name(s) to appear on the account
- The mailing address if different from the service address
- The date the new service is to start
- A local telephone number
NOTE: There is a $50.00 set-up fee charge with a one day notice. Without a one day notice, an additional $40.00 same-day service fee will be charged.
*IN SOME CASES, NEW ACCOUNTS MAY BE DENIED AT THE TIME OF YOUR REQUEST. AT THAT TIME, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO BRING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION INTO OUR OFFICE LOCATION AT 2140 William Few Parkway.
To discontinue water service, please call Customer Service at (706) 863-6928.
Disconnect requests are taken between the hours of 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please call at least one business day before the water is to be turned off.
All customers should receive a water bill each month. If you do not receive a bill, then you must contact Customer Service immediately.
- Cycle 1 water and sewerage bills are mailed on the last working day of each month.
- Cycle 1 payments are due by the 15th of each month.
- A 10% late fee is added to balances not paid by the 15th of the month for cycle 1 bills.
- Delinquent accounts in Cycle 1 are cut off beginning the morning of the 21st and will be charged a $60.00 delinquent fee.
- Cycle 2 water and sewerage bills are mailed no later than the 15th of each month.
- Cycle 2 bills are due by the 1st of each month.
- A 10% late fee is added to balances not paid by the 1st of the month for cycle 2 bills.
- Delinquent accounts in Cycle 2 are cut off beginning the morning of the 7th and will be charged a $60.00 delinquent fee.
Water service will be restored daily starting at 4:30 PM after full payment is received in the office or online.
Checks that are returned to our office from the bank are charged a $30.00 return check fee and are subject for disconnection within 5 days. Checks returned from the bank that were written to restore a delinquent account are subject to immediate disconnection. Account histories cannot be viewed online.
Accepted Payment Methods:
Online (Debit or Credit)
How to set up Bank Draft:
- Complete a Bank Draft Application
- Attach a voided check (or copy)
- Mail completed Bank Draft Application to P.O. Box 960, Grovetown, GA 30813, or drop off at 2140 William Few Parkway, Grovetown, GA 30813. To email, please call Customer Service at (706) 863-6928.
Accounts in Cycle 1 are drafted around the 10th of each month.
Accounts in Cycle 2 are drafted around the 25th of each month.
Note: It typically takes two months for the Bank Draft to begin.